Sunday, June 20, 2010

Did Bullpen Show its True Colors on Saturday?

My Fellow Phans,

I promised myself that I would not comment about the Phillies game Saturday until the end of this Twins series. However, I am watching Behind the Pinstripes and they keep mentioning it and it is getting annoying. So I am going to throw my 2 cents in. Granted, it may be more than just 2 cents by the time I am finished ranting. I'll apologize ahead of time for that now before I get too far into my post here:

Yesterday's disgusting bullpen collapse, although disgusting is giving it too much credit, brought about two points. First of all, our bullpen is not as good as it has been pitching. Lidge looks shaky in his past few performances and Baez is just ridiculously bad. He needs to go. I was under the false impression when we signed him that he was actually a good pitcher. Sadly, I was way way wrong. Dump Baez and find someone who can actually get outs; that should be a slight improvement in the pen. They are not going to keep up this solid pace and we better get used to it.

The second thing it pointed out was a troubling sign of what could happen in the future. During our "offensive drought", our pitching was spectacular. Now we are hitting again and our pitching seems to be collapsing. Did I not call this? Scoring 10 runs doesn't help when your shitty pitching gives up 13. Our bullpen alone gave up 9 runs in 3 innings. JUST 3 INNINGS!

Yesterday should not have occured. It was disgraceful. Not only did we lose; our pen looked pathetic on National TV and gave my good ol' buddy Eric Karros plenty of reasons to cheer for his Twins. Everytime the Phillies did anything positive; he praised them and then praised the Twins even more for making an average play. I mean Com'on. The problem with Mr. Karros, besides the fact that he is a total D-Bag, is that his ego is so big that its pathetic. Just because he played the game doesn't make him an expert. In fact, he knows very little. I know more than he does. Anyone that knows me can attest to that.

Disgraceful may not be the right word to use here. Mayber horrendous? Pathetic? inexcusable? Maybe we can hire some people from BP to plug the leak in our bullpen. I don't know who has more holes right now; the oil people or our pen.

I would like to commend the offense for showing up. We are starting to look like we can actually hit the ball (knock on wood) and now our bullpen is failing. Oh great. Let's hope this is not a sign of things to come.

It was nice to see Jim Thome again. I even noticed after he hit his pinch hit homer that some of the Phillies fans actually applauded Thome on his hit. I think that is class. How come we don't hear about that in the papers? Sure, if we booed Thome or someone threw something at him, it would be all over the news. We can't get a break here, can we?

Anyways, I am sitting here hoping to not see the bullpen today. However a Victorino bobble just lead to a run. Wow Phillies, just wow. Can we get our heads in the game?

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment