Thursday, June 10, 2010

Alright, That's a Start....

My Fellow Phans.

Tuesday looked to be a step in the right direction for the Phillies. I am not ready to concede and say that this slump is officially over. I would need to see at least 2-3 more games within the next few days before I determine this slump is done with. Kudos to the offense for scoring runs though in a shitty start by Kyle Kendrick. Ibanez had 4 hits, Utley and Howard each contributed as well. My buddy Ben Francisco came through in a big way in the 8th inning with the game winning hit. He had pair of hits also.

The pitching was troubling. Kendrick was bad; Durbin gave up some runs as did Contreras. Lidge made Philly fans hold their breath as he loaded the bases before getting the final out. Overall he looked sharp especially for the first two strikeouts. Lets hope he doesn't give us any more outings like this one.

The Phillies have one more game to get the kinks out before we go on the American League's version of Murders' Row starting this weekend. What is AL Murders' Row you may ask? Well, its a span of 9 games during which the Phillies play 3 of the 4 best American League teams. Starting Friday, the Phillies play 3 in Boston, 3 at Yankee Stadium and then come home to play the Twins for 3 games. I foresee bad things in this upcoming stretch if the Phillies don't break out of this funk. Really bad things. Lets hope they are waking up because our good Phillies team can play with and beat those teams. Will they though is a whole other story...

I'm not sure how much I will be able to post in the next few days. I will be venturing down the shore with a friend of mine. If I do not get to post while I am down there, I can promise you intense posting when I return. Goodbye All!

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment