Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Desperation Setting In: Trying Something New Tomorrow

My Fellow Phans,
So it’s come down to this. As they say desperate times call for desperate measures. I know the Phillies showed a small bit of life tonight; they still aren’t anywhere near the Phillies offense that we know and love. So, I am trying something new tomorrow in hopes to help break the Phillies out of this slump.
Here’s the new plan: Tomorrow the Phillies are playing the Braves at 1pm. Starting at 12:30, I will cut off all ties to the Phillies for this game. I will not watch them on TV, listen on the radio, follow them online (that includes ESPN, Yahoo, Twitter or Facebook), or  text or receive texts about the score (except the final of course). I am trying something new in hopes to break the Phillies offense out of their slump. For anyone that knows me, they realize how hard this is going to be for me, but I am going to try to do it. Once the text arrives about the game’s final, I may come on and check out details about the game depending on the outcome.
I am hoping this new strategy helps. I  am a very superstitious man when it comes to baseball and this is just one small example of what I may try in the future if this doesn’t work. So, I shall see how this goes and if I can accomplish this. People have told me that they doubt I can do it so I am trying to prove them wrong, but we shall see.
Until we meet again Phillies Fans (which will probably be after the game tomorrow); Happy Readings and Go Phillies!!
Oh and PS: Thank you Ryan Howard for breaking he Home Run drought, it was 

1 comment:

  1. Well no matter if they win or not, which I hope and really do think they will win I hope you watch the replay. I am the eternal optimist when it comes to this ball club I remember two years ago they had a harsh June and they came back and won the W.S. That being said this is slump is worse. No matter what happens the next couple of games they will win the first game Jimmy is of the DL even if he doesn't play. They need a spark even if its inspirational. I can hear you respond..wasn't the perfect game inspirational enough. Well for most yes; however, they need offense inspiration. They got some tonight and was deflated by the same man, go figure. Well I am sorry I am rambling. Good luck on your ambition to disconnect from everything phillies tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete