Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Baseball Fan's Bucket List

My Fellow Phans,

So I was sitting around listening to John Mayer the other day and his song "Say" played. Now not only being one of my favorite songs of his; it is also a song from the movie The Bucket List. It made my ponder. Do I have a bucket list? I came to the conclusion that I couldn't make a normal bucket list without the typical cliche-filled responses that most people would put down.

When it comes to baseball, it is a completely different story. I have a small list of games, events, ballparks, teams, players ect. that I would like to see or witness. So, I included that here. Some of the things have already been accomplished and they have been "crossed" off. I divided the list up into a few categories so it will be easier to understand. Some of the things may also be impossible to happen now for one reason or another, but still they sit on my Baseball Bucket List. So here it is. Let me know what you think:

Shieldsy's Baseball Bucket List:

A. Ballparks I would like to / wished I could visit*:

1. Camden Yards @ Baltimore

2. Fenway Park @ Boston
3. Old Yankee Stadium @ Ny
4. New Yankee Stadium @ Ny
5. Wrigley Field @ Chicago
6. Turner Field @ Atlanta
7. Busch Stadium @ St. Louis
8. Any Stadium with a retractable roof (Yes, I'm a nerd I know lol)
9. Dodger Stadium @ LA
10. A T & T Park @ SF
11. Coors Field @ Colorado
12. Target Field @ Minnesota
13. A Ballpark with a river view in the background (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh ect.)

*Note: I would love to visit all Major League Ballparks someday. These are just ones higher up on my list*

B. Other Places I would like to visit:


1. The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown (Road trip anyone?)
2. Omaha, Nebraska - site of the College World Series
3. Williamsport, PA - site of the Little League World Series

C. Events I would like to witness and or make happen:

1. Phillies World Series Game
2. Phillies World Series Championship Parade
3. The College World Series
4. The Little League World Series
5. Trip to the DC Area to see The Orioles and Nationals both play at home on back-to-back days.
6. See a Phillies game in every Major League Ballpark. (So far I have NY, Boston, Washington, Baltimore...)

If I think of more I will update on here, but this is it for now. Lemme know what you think.

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment