Monday, August 23, 2010

Roys Are A Joy to Watch

My Fellow Phans,

I know my posts have not been as frequent as they once were and I apologize for that. As most of you know, I have had a computer malfunction which disabled my ability to get online daily to post. However, as school is about to start, my computer is on the brink of getting fixed and should be ready this week sometime. Once that occurs, I will do my best to post more often than I have been.

But I digress...

Over the weekend, I had the honor of seeing Roy Oswalt pitch for the first time as a Phillie and boy was I impressed. There seems to be something about the name Roy and being a complete pitcher.

As a baseball fan, I love seeing quality pitchers with 4+ quality pitches they can use and the pair of Roys in the Phillies' rotation seems to fit that bill. Granted he struggled in the start, but Oswalt settled down and pitched shut out ball for the Phillies as like Roy Halladay had done just 2 days before. This weekend, the Roy Duo allowed zero; 0 earned runs in 14 innings against the pesky Nationals. That was impressive. Oswalt is a quality pitcher and I hope he keeps up this good streak.

Next up for the Phillies is the Houston Astros. Now the Phillies handled the Astros back in the beginning of the season, but this is a different Astros team. They are actually hitting now.

This should be a good series. A pair of former Phillies' starters will be facing their old club and a pair of former outfielders also make their reappearance in Philadelphia.

Here are the pitching matchups for the upcoming series at Citizens Bank Park:

Monday: Brett Myers vs. Joe Blanton
Tuesday: Bud Norris vs. Cole Hamels
Wednesday: J.A. Happ vs. Roy Halladay
Thursday: Wandy Rodriguez vs. Kyle Kendrick

Synopsis: I can see the Phillies winning 3 of 4 here. We have a pair of our aces going along with our two more inconsistent starters. I think the Phillies will be amped up to face their former mates and we should know what to expect as having had these pitchers pitch for us the past few seasons. The Astros are a below average team, but they are perfectly capable of playing spoilers. The Phillies can't look ahead to the Padres this weekend or they may falter big time. Regardless, it should be a good series.

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment