Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2010 Look Back: Roy "Doc" Halladay


My Fellow Phans, 

On this festive brink of Thanksgiving, I am bringing you a look back at a man that all of us Phillies fans are certainly thankful for, Mr. Roy Halladay. He was a man of many wondrous moments this past season, and he astonished us all start after start. Every time that we didn’t think he could impress us anymore, he did just that.

Oh and before I continue, I wanted to let all you avid readers know that I did add a countdown clock on the right that is counting down to the Phillies’ 2011 Home Opener on April 1st vs. The Astros as Citizens Bank Park.

But back to business, here is a look back at the man who came to Philadelphia last offseason and lived up to all the hype.

Roy Halladay: 2010 Stats: 21-10 2.44 ERA (Postseason: 2-1 2.45 ERA)

Recap:

I don’t think I have to go into great detail describing the amazing season that Roy Halladay had this past year. Here is it by the numbers: Halladay finished with a league best 21 wins along with a 2.44 ERA. He led the National League with 250.2 innings pitched, and 9 complete games. He finished 2nd in strikeouts and WHIP.  He gave up 3 earned runs or less in 27 of his 33 starts this season. Adding to this, Halladay finished with a stellar 2.21 ERA at Citizens Bank Park this year.  

It was a magical season for Roy Halladay, in his first start with the Phillies. It was a season that included a Perfect Game against the Florida Marlins, and a no-hitter in his first career playoff start against the Cincinnati Reds.

I cannot put into words how great Roy Halladay had been this season. I guess the best way to define this season is with the Unanimous CY Young award. He was truly the best pitcher in baseball this season, and that unanimous factor clearly demonstrates that. I think I speak for the entire Phillies nation when I say, Thank you Roy Halladay for everything you did this year, you are truly amazing.

Look Ahead:

Halladay stated that he wanted to be here when we traded for him last offseason and that culminated with a long-term contract. Halladay will be here pitching on Opening Day next season for the Phillies and I expect nothing less than greatness from Roy Halladay next season and I am dying to see what he does for an encore.

Grade:  A+

I don’t think I need to explain this grade, Doc was everything we possibility wanted him to be and much, much more. So he deserves the absolute best grade that anybody can earn.

Until we meet again Phillies fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies

No comments:

Post a Comment