Monday, July 5, 2010

Selig's Warped Rules Have Taken Away Fun From All-Star Game

My Fellow Phans,

It is come to my attention that after looking at the current All-Star rosters that Bud Selig has finally had his wish and warped the game from a simple exhibition to a strategic, vitally important game. The All-Star game used to be fun. It used to encompass all the characteristics that a normal exhibition game entails. Thanks to Selig's twisted view of reality this game has turned into so much more than it should be. The game should be fun; not a game where players are voted on because they have a little speed, play in half of their teams games; but play more than 1 position, or are voted in just because they are on the team of the selecting manager. The fact that Omar Infante is an All-Star and Joey Votto is not is an absolute joke.

There is so much to be said about these rosters that I am going to break them down into three parts where I will look at the starters, the pitching staffs and then the bench players. I just wanted to throw some opening comments down here.

Like how did Sabathia make the team over Jered Weaver or even his teammate Andy Petite. Where are Paul Konkero and Kevin Youkilis in the AL? Why did middle reliever Arthur Rhodes make the team with star quality pitchers Matt Latos, Heath Bell, or Mike Pelfrey are sitting home watching the game. I admit I had Tim Lincecum in my initial picks, but I realized I chose the name over the stats and I regret that now. He should not be on the team.

I'm going to leave it at that for now. I don't want to critique too much in this opening post. Look for more posts concerning this roster to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment