Friday, July 23, 2010

Roy Oswalt Needs to Grow a Pair.....

My Fellow Phans,

I'm sure I am not the only one who would have been delighted to have Roy Oswalt on the Phillies roster for the next couple of seasons. He is quite a pitcher. I don't see how anybody wouldn't want him.

However, despite the facts that he would waive his No Trade Clause to come here; he isn't too thrilled about the possibility of pitching on the East Coast even though it would be for a team with a better postseason shot than Houston (at least for now). Oswalt stated that he was worried about pitching for a team with a large and aggressive media such a Phildelphia. To further this point, he recently stated he would rather pitch in St.Louis, which I guess has a smaller media base? Although St. Louis may be the only true baseball city in the USA.

To this whole thing I say: Grow a Pair, Mr. Oswalt. Jake Peavy was the same way when he balked at a trade to Philadelphia since the stadium was too home run friendly. Now his pitches in Chicago for the White Soxs. Ironic huh?

Anyhoo, Mr. Oswalt needs to grow up. You are an elite major league pitcher who is making well over 10 million dollars per season. You can't complain about the media. Good players will gather more attention especially if you pitch in a bigger market such as Philly or NY. I have a lot of respect for him, he seems to me to be a class act. To hear this stuff is just disappointing. I've lost a lot of respect for him recently.

I honestly don't care anymore if we get him or not. I'm just sick about him whining about the media here. If you can't take heat; get out of the oven....

Frankly, if our sad excuse for a GM didn't botch the Cliff Lee situation, we would have no need for Oswalt. But as it turned out, Amaro threw away another elite pitcher for next to nothing. Let's face it, the Phillies organization will be better off without his lack of intelligence and baseball knowledge. I mean the guy played 8 seasons, all off the bench and only amounted 16 homers and 100 rbis with a perky .235 average.

I don't see how that qualifies him as a GM, but I digress once again.

In short, Roy Oswalt needs to shut up and play. Grow a Pair buddy, you're making more than enough money to put up with any type of media that comes you're away. If he does go to the Cardinals, that could be bad news for the rest of the league.

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment