Thursday, July 8, 2010

Front-Runners? Shame on you Shane.....

My Fellow Phans,

I would like to apologize for not posting in awhile. I had a little boo with my laptop and are currently waiting for it to be corrected. I have also been under the weather so I have not been able to make it to a computer a lot recently.

However, I hopped onto a computer today after seeing the Phillies drop a crucial series to the Braves and to some delightful comments from our beloved center fielder. Victorino heard some negative comments during the loss last night and responded rather surprisingly. "Quick to forget what happened the last two years, you know?" he said, referring to the 2008 World Series championship and '09 National League pennant. "That's the thing that frustrates me more than anything, listening to that kind of stuff. They're quick to forget what we've done the last two years. When I hear things like that, it eats me. OK. I see. Jimmy [Rollins] used that word. I'm not going to use it, but you know what I'm talking about."

I'm honestly too tired to deal with this. Haven't we been through this with Jimmy Rollins a few years back? I am offended as I was then and so should any fan who will watch the team play on a Sunday when the eagles will be playing. That's not many with this still being a football town.

The reason this irks me because, although there are a small amount of front runners, there are many diehard fans. I've been following this team every single game via radio, TV, or computer. I can't watch every game due to my current TV restrictions, but I make sure to know what it is going on with every game. I know people who have told me they really don't care to watch the Phillies right now due to their lack of "good" play. <--- that my friend is a definition of a front-runner.

Shane's frustrated, all the Phillies are. So are the fans. Front-runners are everywhere Shane. After what you guys did the last two seasons, I would expect more to come out of the woodwork. I'm not surprised. You really shouldn't be either.

Although, I have seen a Pittsburgh stadium last weekend filled with over 95% Phillies fans cheering on their home team. Front-runners who travel? I don't think they would put out the money or resources to travel that much to cheer on a team who is struggling. The Phillies fans are some of the best traveled fans in the MLB and that is a strong quality of die-hard fans.

We have a bad reputation as Philadelphia fans. However that is just an ignorant perception of people on the outside who don't know what true fandom is. You have to be here to experience the fans and realize what we are all about. If not, its your loss. Its just a shame that players cannot realize how good of fans we really are here in Philadelphia.

I know I could have gone into a longer rant on this, but I'm tired and we've been through this before. I know I'm not a front runner. Once the Phillies start to play up until their potential, the boos will quickly fade. I can promise you that. I look forward to that time...

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment