Friday, April 1, 2011

T-Minus 1 Hour and Counting…

My Fellow Phans,

Today is a day that many people have been looking forward; counting down to since last year. It is the day when a group of 25 individuals begin a 162 game question to reach the promised land. This is the greatest time of the year; it is when strikes are actually a good thing, Grand Salamis are more than just a sandwich, and the time when the colors of red and white infiltrate the minds and visions of everyone. This is PHILLIES 2011 OPENING DAY!

In just about an hour, on channel MyPHL17, the 2010 NL East champions will take the field in front of a ruckus, with a revamped rotation and level of expectations bigger than in any previous year. The season brings with it the return of a fan favorite and the loss of another. Either way, this could be the most memorable season yet for this historic franchise.

As, I sit here blogging with you, I am counting down the minutes.  I’m sure I can speak for a majority of you when I say, that it’s about damn time! Before the game begins, I thought I would share with you some closing thoughts on this Opening Day.

I simply ask that fans calm themselves. Yes, it is a season of hype with everything that happened this offseason, but there is no reason to go too wild here. This season is no different than the 2008 campaign. There are 25 very qualified gentlemen starting another long quest to get to the promised land. Just sit back and enjoy the show. It should be a fun one to behold.

Incase you haven’t seen it: here is the Phillies 2011 Opening Day Lineup:

1. Shane Victorino CF
2. Placido Polanco 3B
3. Jimmy Rollins SS
4. Ryan Howard 1B
5. Raul Ibanez LF
6. Ben Francisco RF
7. Carlos Ruiz C
8. Wilson Valdez 2B
9. Roy Halladay  P

So, sit back and enjoy Opening Day everyone!

{ Off topic: I sit here listening to my personal Baseball-Sportish Playlist that I create every year with songs that just seem to fit me in this situation. See the photo below. I am welcome to suggestions of songs that can improve this playlist. }

2011PhilsPlaylist

Anyway, as a fellow phan of the Phillies, I look forward to a great season! I will continue to give you all the breakdown on the Phillies this year and I sincerely hope you continue to stick with me for your information concerning the greatest team ever created.

Happy Halladays everyone!

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment