Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Look Who’s Back…..

My fellow Phans,

Miss me? Oh, It’s been so long since I have last written on here. For this, I apologize. My life was moving at the speed of light for the past couple of weeks as I put the finishing touches on my college career. Finally, my life has started to slow down as graduation sits just 5 days away! So, expect the posts to pick up once again. Now that I have nothing else to do, I can put more time into writing to you fine folks. Thanks again for all your patience!

So, when I last reported, the Phillies sat in first place and have gone 7-4 to increase their lead from .5 to 2 games over the high flying Florida Marlins.

They are currently battling their pesky divisional foes down in Florida with each  team splitting a pair thus far. The disappointing factor is that I have seen little league games with more spectators than the Marlins have. Yes, these are the second place, wild card leading Florida Marlins not a last place team losing in bunches. I actually feel bad watching these games.

Last night’s game was no exception. The game featured two of the three best starting pitchers in the game of baseball, Roy Halladay & Josh Johnson. (King Felix may barely squeak ahead of Johnson for the 2nd best spot). Still, it was empty.

I think last night’s game was the definition of what baseball truly is these days; pitching, pitching, and more pitching! As a baseball fan, it was fun watching each ace carve up the opposing lineup and if the Phillies had made the routine plays, the game may have remained at 1-1, but a bobble on routine groundball by Jimmy Rollins led to the Marlins pushing across the decisive score in a 2-1 victory.

I guess the irony is that Johnson did not actually earn the victory as he was pulled after 7.

Look for another nail biting game tonight with Cliff Lee and Ricky Nolasco toeing the rubber. I just hope Ricky isn’t hoping for a lot of support from the home crowd, since he probably won’t get it. Sad, but true.

Until we meet again Phillies’ fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment