Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chase Utley Sighting & Other Updates

My Fellow Phans,

I come to you with reports of a great event! Upon turning on the Phillies game this afternoon, I witnessed a truly exciting event! Chase Utley, yes – our beloved second baseman – is sitting in the Phillies dugout!

No this is no mirage as I am sure all of you by now have heard the fantastic news! CSNPhilly.com is reporting that not only has Utley returned to Philadelphia, he is expected to be activated and ready for tomorrow’s game against the Cincinnati Reds. Chase has been spending the past few weeks in Clearwater rehabbing an preparing himself for this moment.

I’m sure I speak for the Phillies community when I say, I cannot wait for the return of Mr. Utley! We definitely can use you!

We’re not sure how often Chase will be available to start, but I think its safe to presume that the Phillies will be cautious with their star infielder to start with.

I will keep you all updated on this situation!




On other injury fronts, Brad Lidge and Brian Schneider are both going to Clearwater sometime today for their rehab assignments.

Jose Contreras pitched in a rehab assignment last night at Reading. He loaded the bases with nobody out, but then got the next three hitters out to pitch a scoreless frame. He is scheduled to pitch in a rehab game at Lehigh Valley on Monday night.

Again, I will keep you updated on all of these situations.

Look for a recap of the Phillies /Rangers series tonight and a preview of the Reds’ series later.

Until we meet again Phillies fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment