Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lidge out 3-6 Weeks…

My Fellow Phans,

I regret to inform you, but I am the bearer of bad news. Reports have surfaced that Brad Lidge will be out for the next 3-6 weeks.

I guess the shred of good news in all of this is that Lidge will not need any surgery to fix his injuries, just several weeks of rest.

In an interview with phillysportsdaily.com on Tuesday, Manuel was asked about his closing situtation. "Right now, if I had to choose, Jose Contreras would be the closer,"

So, It looks like Conteras will start the season with the closing duties. Madson will be the reserve closer, I guess that limits the chances of him kicking metal chairs this season. Nice to see Charlie is looking out for the mental health of his players…

On an related note, there is no real news to report on Chase Utley’s knee except to say that it is becoming a real thorn in the Phillies’ side.

More news on both injuries to come later.

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment