Monday, May 31, 2010

Phillies vs. Braves Preview

My Fellow Phans,
So I am going to do this new preview just a little bit differently then I have in the past. I will give the probables, but instead of breaking down each individual dream, I will provide an overall synopsis of the games after listing the three probable starters. Let me know if you like this way better than the old way:
Phillies @ Braves Series: May 31st – June 2nd :
Monday: Joe Blanton (1-3 5.63) vs. Tommy Hanson (4-3 4.06)
Tuesday: Cole Hamels (5-3 3.82) vs. Tim Hudson (5-1 2.24)
Wednesday: Kyle Kendrick (3-2 5.04) vs. Derek Lowe (7-4 4.86)
Synopsis: Going into this series, it looks like it has a chance to be a very well pitched and played series. However, we said the same thing going into the last series. Even though the Phillies won the last series, they are far from breaking out of their offensive slump, although using the term “slump” may be giving this lineup too much credit at this point.
Honestly, I am worried at what these three Braves’ starters can do to us. These three usually present series problems for us when we are healthy and actually hitting the ball; I am kind of the worried about the potential feasting they may do on our struggling batting order. The Phillies’ three starters are all pitching relatively well *knocks on wood* so it should be a good pitched series. However, as I said with my last preview, there is no chance of the Phillies to win squat unless they start scoring runs.
The Braves are a hot team having won 5 games in a row and 8 of 10. This is the battle for first place as the Braves sit just .5 games behind us in the standings. If the Phillies do not want to drop out of the top spot in the division, they better do something and do it now.
So, I’m going to attempt a reverse black cat here, as people to seem to always prove me wrong; especially with my baseball predictions. I am going to say that the Phillies have no chance of winning this series with all that has been said. The Braves are hot, playing and pitching well. Meanwhile the Phillies are struggling to swing the bats and do anything at the plate. Braves’ pitching will feast on the Phillies and they will take over first place, at least for now, in the East.
I hope they prove me wrong, they have done so, so many times in the past and I really, truly hope they prove me wrong here.
Note: How bad this “slump” is the Phillies are in? Stay tuned for my next post as I break it down statistically and show just how bad this is getting for our hometown boys.
Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment