Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Great Weekend in Baseball (Reposted from 4/30/2010)


My Fellow Phillies Fans, 

So this will be the first post in awhile that doesn't center around a particular article I have written for a website.

I guess there is not a better place to begin, than with the greatest sports team around, The Philadelphia Phillies. I know they have seemed to hit a rough patch, but let's face it, it is still early and these are the Phillies and nothing is ever easy with them. I think Wednesdays amazing comeback win over the Giants is going to provide a very positive boost to this team's confidence and momentum.

Tonight begins the best rivalry that the National League has to offer as the Phillies square off with the mets in Philadelphia. With both teams situated at the top of the division right now, this should prove to be a very intriguing and exciting series. Lets hope that the Phillies can build some momentum and kick some met ass this weekend. I surely hope so. LETS GO PHILLIES! I'm glad the rest of the league has noticed this rivalry as I do believe, we are being shown on Fox tomorrow and ESPN on Sunday. I am admittedly not a huge fan of either network when it comes to sports, but it is nice to be recognized finally.

The pitching matchups are as follows:

Friday: Kyle Kendrick vs. Jon Niese - I know Kendrick has struggled this season in all but one of his starts, and Niese has pitched well enough for the Mets thus far, but there is no reason to believe that this will be a good matchup. Why? Because it the Phillies and Mets. It is the one team that the entire Phillies roster seems to step up their game against in order to beat.

Saturday: Roy Halladay vs. Mike Pelfrey - Its a shame that the Phillies are skipping Figueroa's spot in the rotation as Sunday night will not be a battle of the aces. Although this matchup provides the two hottest pitchers on each team's staff. This is the game to watch this series, if I had to recommend. Although, it is pretty sure that I will be watching all 3 games.

Sunday: Jamie Moyer vs. Johan Santana - So the battle of lefties on ESPN on Sunday night. This should be a good one. The ageless Moyer facing off against one of the best pitchers in the game today, Santana. Another dandy of a game this weekend. Although, would you expect anything less when it comes the Phillies and the Mets?

No comments:

Post a Comment