Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tragedy Strikes the Phillies' Family.... and the Nation....

My Fellow Phans,

I know it has been awhile since I have had some significant news on the Phillies front to report and although I kept wishing that I had more to blog on over the past days, I regretfully come to you today with a story that I wish I did not have to be writing to you today.

I’m sure all of you by now have heard of the shooting rampage that occurred in Arizona just yesterday when an, what authorities are calling, unstable individual opened fire during an outside meeting of Representative Gabrielle Gliffords and those looking to speak with him. A total of 6 people were killed and over a dozen people were injured.

One of those killed was a 9-year old girl. This girl, Christina-Taylor Green, turned out to have Phillies’ connections. She was the granddaughter of former Phillies’ manager Dallas Green.

I’m not going into a serious opinionated piece on the matter as this is not the time nor blog or to do it on. I just wanted to mention this to those of you who didn’t know. I will be praying for her and her family in this tragic time. Crazily enough, Christina was born on September 11th, 2001. I guess that was just a bad omen.

Keep her and your family in your prayers folks. As for the shooter, I will say this. I hope the *insert explicative here* gets what he deserves.  Politics is no excuse to do what he did. It’s just horrible.

Until we meet again Phillies Fans; Happy Readings and Go Phillies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment